This course is the foundation for most of the other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
- Describe the software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Install and configure VMware ESXi hosts
- Deploy and configure VMware vCenter Server Appliance
- Use VMware vSphere Client to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server
- Manage, monitor, back up, and protect vCenter Server Appliance
- Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
- Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
- Create and manage VMware vSphere VMFS datastores
- Use the vSphere Client to create virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a content library and deploy virtual machines from templates in the library
- Manage virtual machine resource use
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere vMotion and VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
- Create and manage a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere High Availability and
- VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler
- Discuss solutions for managing the vSphere life cycle
- Use VMware vSphere Update Manager to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and
- System administrators.
- System engineers.